We are OPEN!
Roberson Museum and Science Center is a space to let your mind wonder! Enjoy halls and galleries dedicated to art, history, and science exhibitions.
- Members — Free. Click here for membership information
- Children (4 & under, with adult) — Free
- Military — $6.00
- Students & Seniors (62 and up) — $6.00
- Adults — $8.00
- Pay It Forward
- $2 off admission for up to four people with a membership to Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park, Discovery Center, Kopernik Observatory, or Phelps Mansion
Roberson offers discounted admission for groups of 10 or more and we also offer guided group educational tours. To learn more or to schedule your group visit, please contact us
Roberson Museum and Mansion is wheelchair accessible. Two wheelchairs are available at the front entrance for visitor use. Handicap parking is available near the entrance with wheelchair-accessible ramps.
Hours of Operation
Museum & Mansion
Wednesday: 12PM – 5PM
Thursday: 12PM – 5PM
Friday: 12PM – 9PM
Saturday: 12PM – 5PM
Sunday: 12PM – 5PM
*Roberson Museum & Science Center is closed on Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Closed after 5PM on Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve; Closed Christmas Day & New Year’s Day
Roberson’s Digital Planetarium Shows
Fridays: 6:00 and 7:00PM
Saturdays: 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00PM
Sundays: 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00PM
*Planetarium Show Cost: Museum admission plus $4.00 (Members free with membership card)
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Visitor capacity is reduced to 25% of maximum capacity.
- All visitors over the age of 2 must where protective face coverings that cover the nose and mouth while at the Museum.
- Social-distancing and one-way markers are located throughout the Museum.
- Plexiglass panels are installed at the admissions desk and gift shop checkout.
- Limited on-site contact by offering cashless payment options.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces is conducted throughout the day. Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the museum.
- Coat check is temporarily closed.
- Drinking fountains are not available.
- Elevators are available on a limited basis. Capacity has been reduced to two people or one family at a time.
- Enhanced ventilation, doubling the Museum’s air exchange to be set at 20 per hour.
Address: 30 Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13905
From the North via 1-81 via I-88
From the South via I-81
Exit 4S (NY 7 South, Binghamton Business District), straight through the traffic lights; Follow NY 363 south (divided highway, less than 2 miles long) past the exits for NY 7 – Robinson Street, US 11 – Court Street and Susquehanna Street; NY 363 ends and becomes Riverside Drive; stay in the left lane and follow the signs for Riverside Drive through the intersection and across the four-lane bridge; turn right at the traffic light at the end of the bridge (intersection of Riverside Drive & Front Street); Roberson is half a block north of the intersection on your right. Parking is behind the museum.
From the East via NY 17 (I-86)
From the West via NY 17 (I-86)
Funding for Roberson is provided, in part, by general operating support grants from the United Cultural Fund, a program of the Broome County Arts Council, the Conrad and Virginia Klee Foundation and the New York State Council on the Arts.
Roberson engages and educates people of all ages and backgrounds by providing regionally significant exhibitions and programs in art, history and science.
Roberson is an accredited member of the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), since May 1, 1973. It was re-accredited on March 1, 1990; December 3, 2003; and March 4, 2019.
AAM was founded in 1906, but did not start the accreditation program until 1971, so Roberson was among the first to have received the coveted designation. AAM accredited museums rank in the top 3 percent of all the museums in the United States.