STEAM Spring Break Camps
Keep young minds curious!
Roberson’s week-long Spring Break Camps are a space where kids are encouraged to use divergent thinking to create, solve, and question the world around them.
Each day brings a new field of exploration: science, history, ecology, space, and art.
All led by a team of experienced, accredited, and talented educators.
Registration available below.
Date & Time
April 5th – 9th, 2021, 9AM – 3PM
Before care (8 – 9AM) and after care (3 – 5:15PM) are offered at a nominal fee of $6 per day, or $30 for the week.
Offering 15% off camps Now – March 12
Price per day is $36 for Roberson members, and $42 for non-members.
Price for the entire week is $170 for Roberson members, and $200 for non-members OR pay a $25 deposit to reserve a spot and pay the remainder later.
2021 STEAM Spring Break Camps
Spring Into Science- Monday, April 5th, 2021: What makes our seasons change? How do the birds know when it’s time to fly home? Spend this week exploring the fun science of Spring! Campers will participate in various STEM activities including making a rainstorm in a jar, and completing a flower dissection.
Hop into History- Tuesday, April 6th, 2021: Travel through time as we shine a light on the rich history of our community. Campers will learn what it was like to work in a factory assembly line in the Industrial Revolution, how flight simulators were used during World War II and more in this day of local history and science.
Wildlife Wednesday- Wednesday, April 7th, 2021: Spend the day learning all about our planet’s ecosystem in this day filled with animals and nature. Take a nature hike through our exhibit NatureTrek, examine insects under a microscope and much more.
There’s No Place Like Space- Thursday, April 8th, 2021: Has your child ever wondered what lies beyond the clouds? On this day full of all things space your camper will experience our digital planetarium, explore the phases of the moon with cookies, make their own galaxy slime and much more!
Art in Focus- Friday, April 9th, 2021: Use the exhibitions on display in the museum to gather inspiration for your own art piece. Campers will explore a variety of mediums, including sketching, painting and collage. They will create their own art piece out of recycled materials before the day is over.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- Capacity limited to 10 kids per camp to ensure social distancing.
- All visitors over the age of 2 must where protective face coverings that cover the nose and mouth while at the Museum.
- Social-distancing and one-way markers are located throughout the Museum.
- Plexiglass panels are installed at the admissions desk and gift shop checkout.
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces is conducted throughout the day. Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the museum.
- Drinking fountains are not available.
- Enhanced ventilation, doubling the Museum’s air exchange to be set at 20 per hour.
- Educators will maintain a daily cleaning and disinfecting log. All surfaces used
by students (tables, chairs, and equipment) will be included.
- Students will not share any supplies or materials.
- Parents/guardians will be asked to sign a COVID-19 health screening
questionnaire before dropping their child off for camp.